Nick Carrabine of United Way of Lake County, along with his lean staff of just 10 people, shared how they planned, coordinated and pulled off numerous community events and fundraising campaigns. Nick and his staff rely heavily on volunteers, the Constant Contact e-mail management system and generous corporations and donors.
Did you know?
- Each United Way is community-owned, so fundraising that takes place in Lake County, stays in Lake County.
- United Way focuses mainly on: children, health and wellness, covering basic needs and senior citizens.
- 382 Lake County companies ran United Way employee campaigns this year
- United Way’s Day of Caring, June 19, is one of United Way’s biggest and most important events. 60 + companies do 110 projects around the community.
- In August, they’ll kick off the 2013 Campaign: “Get Connected”
United Way is always looking for sponsorships, so if your company wants to be a sponsor, contact Nick at 440-639-1131.
Thanks, Nick, for an informative talk today!
The June 12 Presentation was Sponsored by Rabbit Run Community Arts Association.
Next Lake Communicators Event
Aug. 15 – After Hours at the YMCA Dream House – Details TBA