Registration Now Closed
Note the Date! This event is Sept. 16 (third Wednesday)
This must-attend morning seminar will teach you all of the newest trends and tips in the ever-changing digital world. Whether you are a marketer or a business owner, you won’t want to miss the rich information our four experts will provide.
Members $30, nonmembers $35; seating is limited at this venue. Registration due Monday, Sept. 14th!
Wednesday, September 16th, 2015
The Holden University Center
Lakeland Community College
(Campus map – Holden Center is on the lower left.)
8:30 am – registration, coffee and danish
9:00 am – 11:45 am – Presentations
11:45 am – Full luncheon buffet
Note on Parking
If Holden University Center lot is full, more parking is available in the student lot across the street (first lot on the left). A shuttle runs every ten minutes and can take you to Holden University Center. (Campus map – shows parking.)
Topics and Speakers
Websites in 2015: What you Need to Know to Improve your Website Today!
Kathy Smith, website developer at Lakenetwork, will discuss the latest trends, tips and security issues.
- Responsive design–“what?” What’s the best way to organize information on your site for maximum effectiveness? What else should you plan to do, and why?
- Design trends: Hamburgers to parallax scrolling
- Usability: “Don’t make me think” takes some thinking
- Call to action: “I want one”
- Professionalism: From good copy to “wow!”
- Security: Protect your site from bots & nerdlets gone bad
Social Media Campaigns: From Start to Forever
Chad Gourley, director of marketing at Torva Local, will provide a thorough understanding of how to create a successful social media campaign. Topics will include:
- Determine goals and objectives
- Defining your audience/creating your personas
- Social media audit: what platforms are right for you?
- Learn from the industry leaders
- Creating a content plan and calendar
- Test, evaluate and adjust your plan
Digital Advertising: Learn about These Digital Mediums That Are Providing Results Not Just Costing You Marketing Dollars
Jim McClintock, sales director at Company 119, will discuss how to effectively use digital paid advertising mediums. He’ll explore the myths and realities about the following:
- Facebook – Zuckerberg’s already rich, no sense lining his pockets with my money?
- You Tube pre-roll – But I always click “Skip Ad”
- Google Adwords – That stuff is way too expensive, mesothelioma goes for about $2000!
- Retargeting – Whoa, I think Big Brother is watching, how does CNN.com know I want a Cadillac CTS?
- LinkedIn – What do you mean you can advertise on LinkedIn?
SEO Updates: What’s working now and what’s new in 2015
Pat Walsh, founder of Blackbird Interactive, will inform you of the “Must-Dos” for effective SEO results.
- SEO & Content Marketing
- Technical Aspects of SEO
- Optimizing for User Intent
- Mobile Usability for Ranking
- Social Media Value and Search Ranking